- Item Actions
The Pennsylvania Evening Post
Towne, Benjamin; United States
- Journal/Magazine; Newspaper; Online
- Later Title
- Pennsylvania evening post, and public advertiser
- Philadelphia, Pa. : Benjamin Towne, 1775-1781.
- The first newspaper printing of the text of the Declaration of Independence (preceded only by the John Dunlap broadside) appears in the issue for July 6, 1776.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: KF4506 .A1 1776a: Albert H. Small Declaration of Independence Collection. Gift of Albert H. Small, December 27, 2000.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Call number "Newspaper Paine Collection": This collection, which is arranged chronologically, includes scattered issues of a number of different newspapers, each containing a contribution by or about Thomas Paine. Search by call number or keyword to retrieve all newspapers in the collection. Richard Maass Thomas Paine Collection. Gift of Richard Maass.
- Journal Frequency
- Publication History
- Vol. 1, no. 1 (Jan. 24, 1775)-v. 7, no. 759 (July 30, 1781).
- Technical Details