- Item Actions
In Congress, July 4th, 1776: The Unanimous Declaration of the Thirteen United States of America
Copied from the original ... and published by Benjamin Owen Tyler Professor of Penmanship, City of Washington 1818. The publisher designed and executed the ornamental writing, and has been particular to copy the facsimilies exact, and has also observed the same punctuation, and copied every capital as in the original. ; engraved by Peter Maveric...
- Book; Broadside; Online
- 1 sheet ( p.) : ill. ; 106 x 70 cm. (printed area)
- Uniform Title
- Declaration of Independence
- Variant Title
- Unanimous Declaration of the thirteen United States of America
- New York (No. 18 Beekman St.) : Published by Horace Thayer ; Chicago, Illinois : Rufus Blanchard, c1860 (New York (117 Fulton St.) : Printed by Lang & Laing)
- Lithograph, script on imitation parchment. Includes the state seals above the title, a reproduction of Trumbull's painting (with key), and a vignette captioned "The first blow for liberty." The whole enclosed in a green border of grape vines and clusters. An adaptation of Tyler's 1818 broadside; see Bidwell, J. American history in image and text (Proc. of the American Antiquarian Society, v. 98, pt. 2, 1988), #2, note.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Attached to wooden rods, to be displayed as a wall hanging. Albert H. Small Declaration of Independence Collection. Deposit of Albert H. Small, July 14, 2003.
- Technical Details