- Item Actions
A Map of the State of Virginia, Constructed in Conformity to Law, From the Late Surveys Authorized by the Legislature and Other Original and Authentic Documents, by Herman Böÿe, 1825
Böÿe, Herman; Buckholtz, L V; Tanner, Henry Schenck; Tanner, Benjamin; Steel, James W
- Map; Online
- 1 map. ; ill. 156 x 240 cm.
- Corrected by order of the Executive, 1859
- [Richmond : State of Virginia, 1859], c1827.
- "View of Richmond from the west, J.W. Steel, Sc." in upper right hand corner and view of the "University of Virginia, B. Tanner, Sc." in upper left hand corner. Title vignette of symbolic representation of Virginia, "Sic semper tyrannis" flanked by views of Natural Bridge and Harper's Ferry
- Inset notes (Clockwise): Steamboat routes; Abbreviations & references; Deviation of the magnetic needle; Altitudes of mountains; Geological remarks; Situation, extent, etc.; Memoranda.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Copy 1: Accession number 538530: Hand colored, cut to page size, mounted on linen and folded to 26 x 16 cm.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Copy 2: Sheets 1-3, and 8 only. B&W. Sheets 1-3 are pasted together, but have never been cut to page-size, thus retaining excellent images of the three views. SHELVED BY CALL NUMBER IN MAP CASES.
- Cited in
- Swem, E.G. Maps relating to Virginia, 895.
- Technical Details