- Item Actions
The Son of the Wolf: Tales of the Far North
by Jack London
- Book; Online
- , 251,  p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Related Title
- Tales of the far North.
- Boston ; New York : Houghton Mifflin and Company, 1900 (Cambridge : Riverside Press)
- First edition, 1st printing. See BAL.
- These tales appeared previously in the "Overland monthly," 1899, and the "Atlantic monthly."
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: PS3523 .O46 S6 1900 Copy 1: Original gray cloth, stamped in silver. Inscribed "Dear Frank [Davis]- In remembrance of boyhood's days. From Jack London, who chanced to be one of the boys." Clifton Waller Barrett Library, Jack London Collection. Gift of C.W. Barrett.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: PS3523 .O46 S6 1900 Copy 2: Trial binding, original white cloth, stamped in red. Clifton Waller Barrett Library, Jack London Collection. Gift of C.W. Barrett.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Taylor 1900 .L65 S6: First edition, 3rd printing. Original gray cloth, stamped in silver. Bookplate of Ella Sturges Millard. Taylor Collection of American Best-Sellers. Gift of Mrs. R. C. Taylor.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: PS3523 .O46 S6 1900b: Later printing, without publication date on title page. Original pictorial (a dog, and a man in far northern dress, holding a rifle) green cloth, stamped in white. Bookplated "In memory of John Hartwell Cocke."
- Cited in
- BAL, 11869.
- Technical Details