- Item Actions
Map of the vicinity of Richmond
made under the direction of Capt. A.H. Campbell, .., Chief of Topographical Dept. ; Ch'f Engineer's Office D.N.V., Col. J.F. Gilmer, Ch'f. Eng'r.
- Online; Map; Government Document
- 1 map : col. ; 55 x 61 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale: 1:80,000.
- [Richmond : Engineer Dept., Confederate States of America, 1863]
- Shows woodlands, rivers, towns, and residents, with railroads, roads and a grid of the city of Richmond shown in red.
- Covers the area from the Pamunkey River in the northeast to Varina in the south then west to Short Pump and Chesterfield Court House.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- On tracing linen.
- Handwritten following the title: "Approved March 21st 1863. Albert H. Campbell Capt. P. Engrs & Chf. Top. Dep. D.N.V." The map has been annotated in blue ink.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Deposit, William J. Cox, 4 East Cothwell St., Leesburg, VA, 1965 Jan. 8.
- Technical details