- Item Actions
Hotchkiss' Geological Map of Virginia and West Virginia
the geology by William B. Rogers, chiefly from the Virginia State Survey, 1835-41, with later observations in some parts
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 33 x 50 cm.
- Variant Title
- Alternate title in red at top of map: Map showing proposed routes of the Richmond & Southwestern Railway
- Geological map of Virginia and West Virginia
- Cartographic Info
- Scale 1:1,520,640. 1 in. = 24 eng. miles (W 83⁰30ʹ--W 75⁰30ʹ/N 40⁰30ʹ--N 36⁰30ʹ).
- [Staunton, Va.? : Jed. Hotchkiss?], c1875 (Richmond, Va. : A. Hoen & Co., Lith.)
- Includes explanation of colors.
- 6 cross sections and ancillary map showing proposed railway routes on verso.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Hotchkiss B; not in Swem, E.G. Maps relating to Virginia.
- Technical Details