- Item Actions
The Alhambra : a series of tales and sketches of the Moors and Spaniards
By the author of The sketch book.
- Online; Book; EBook
- 2 v. 21 cm.
- Philadelphia, Carey & Lea, 1832.
- Copy 2-3 recataloged from Taylor 1832 .I78A4a, copy 1-2. 4/93 gc
- Cited in
- BAL 10136.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Taylor Collection of American Best-Sellers. Gift of Mrs. R. C. Taylor.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Copy 1: the title page of the 2nd volume has been substituted for the title page of vol. 1. The second digit of the volume number has been erased. Consequently, this set was previously cataloged as though vol. 1 also had the typographical error of "Philadelphla" in the imprint, and as a variant issue because there was not a copyright notice present on the verso of the title. Pub. catalog (32 p.) at end of v. 1. Bound in original boards with cloth backstrip, BAL's binding variant A.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Copy 2: trimmed to 19 cm. and rebound in polished calf. Advertisements removed. Binder's label of J.H. Pyne, St. John's Wood. Presentation inscr. from the author to John Wetherwell, with a covering letter from Ebenezer Irving to Wetherwell tipped in v. 1. Miniature portrait of Irving tipped in v. 1; slip reading "The autograph of Washington Irving ..." tipped in v. 2. Bookplate of N. Campbell pasted over an earlier unidentified bookplate.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Copy 3: Pub. catalog (32 p.) at end of v. 1. Bound in original boards with cloth backstrip, BAL's binding variant A.
- Technical details