- Item Actions
Virginia's discovery of silke-vvormes, with their benefit : And the implanting of mulberry trees. Also the dressing and keeping of vines, for the rich trade of making wines there. Together with the making of the saw-mill, very usefull in Virginia, for cutting of timber and clapbord, to build withall, and its conversion to other as profitable uses
- Online; Book; EBook
- , 75,  pages : illustrations (woodcuts) ; 18 cm (4to)
- Variant title
- Virginia's discovery of silke-wormes, with their benefit
- London, : Printed by T.H. [i.e., Thomas Harper] for John Stephenson, at the signe of the Sun, below Ludgate, 1650.
- "To all Virginia merchants ...": signed Ed. Williams.
- Printer's name from Wing CD.
- Announced as a forthcoming separate publication in Wing W2661.
- Also issued as part 2 of the second edition of Williams' "Virgo triumphans" (Wing W2658).
- Full-page woodcuts: p. [13-16, 76].
- Signatures: A⁴(-A1) B-K⁴ L⁴(-L4). (A1 and L4 blank?)
- Title vignette, head-pieces and initials.
- Cited in
- Church, E.D. Catalogue of books relating to the discovery and early history of North and South America, entry 508
- English short title catalogue, entry R235035
- Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present time, entry 104192
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (CD-ROM, 1996), entry W2659
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Bound in full tan polished calf. Blind tooled decorations to covers and spine; marbled endpapers. From the library of Samuel Latham Mitchill Barlow, with his book label. Another unidentified monogram book label inside front cover. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection. This copy recataloged through a generous grant from the McGregor Fund.
- Technical details