Auld Robin Gray / [Words] Written by Lady Ann Lindsay ; The Air by Revd. Mr. Leeves ; Arranged for the Pianoforte by Haydn
- Musical Score; Online
- 1 score (3 p.) ; 36 cm.
- Uniform Title
- Auld Robin Gray
- Variant Title
- First line of text (old air): When the sheep are in the fauld and the dy at hame
- First line of text (modern air): Young Jamie lo'ed me weel and sought me for his bride
- Collection of Scotch songs : arranged for the piano
- Baltimore : G. Willig Junr., [1840 or 1841?]
- Words in Scots
- For voice and piano.
- Caption title.
- Attribution to Leeves as composer is doubtful. Cf. Grove 5.
- Publication date inferred from plate number.
- Reprint. Originally published: Baltimore : G. Willig Junr., [182-?]
- Contains the Old air on p. ; and the Modern air, a somewhat different melody, on p. 2 & 3. Texts for verses 2-4 of the Modern air printed at bottom of p. 3.
- At foot of list title page: "Gillingham."
- Publisher/plate no.
- Technical Details
M1 .S445 v.166 no.22
M1 .S445 v.1 no.2