- Item Actions
The Picture That Is Turned Toward the Wall: Pathetic Song and Chorus
words and music by Chas. Graham
- Musical Score; Online
- 1 score (3 p.) : ill. ; 35 cm.
- Treasures of the American Performing Arts, 1875-1923
- New York : M. Witmark, c1891.
- For voice and piano.
- Caption title.
- First line of text: Far away beyond the glamor of the city and its strife.
- First line of refrain: There's a name that's never spoken.
- "Respectfully dedicated to Mr. Joseph Arthur"--Printed above cover title.
- Note by composer on cover: "While witnessing a performance of "Blue Jeans" at the Fourtheen Street Theatre, N.Y., I was vividly impressed with the human pathos and passion so beautifully depicted in the last act. From this I have drawn the theme for "The Picture that is turned toward the wall."
- Technical Details