- Item Actions
Come home, Father : song and chorus
words and music by Henry C. Work.
- Online; Musical Score
- 1 score (5 p.) ; 34 cm.
- Related title
- Father, dear father, come home with me now.
- Hear the sweet voice of the child.
- Songs. Selections ; no. 26
- Chicago (95 Clark St., Chicago) : Root & Cady, c1864.
- Song; for voice and piano; refrain set for chorus (SATB) and piano.
- Introduced in the play Ten nights in a bar-room by Timothy Shay Arthur. cf. Mattfeld, Variety music cavalcade, p. 117.
- "No. 26"--Caption.
- "'Tis the song of little Mary standing at the bar-room door while the shameful midnight revel rages wildly as before."--P. 3.
- First line of text: Father, dear father, come home with me now.
- First line of chorus: Hear the sweet voice of the child.
- Publisher/plate no.
- 391-3 Root & Cady
- Series statement
- Work, Henry C. (Henry Clay), 1832-1884. Songs. Selections ; no. 26.
- Technical details