- Item Actions
Excelsior: Duett, Tenor and Baritone
words by Longfellow ; music by M.W Balfe
- Musical Score; Online
- 1 score (13 p.) ; 34 cm.
- Variant Title
- First line of text: Shadees of night were falling fast
- Sheet music collection
- Boston (451 Washington St.) : Published by Oliver Ditson & Co. ; New York : C.H. Ditson & Co. ; Savannah : Ludden & Bates ; Baltimore, Md. : Otto Sutro ; Cincinnati : Geo. D. Newhall & Co ; San Francisco : Sherman Clay & Co. ; Phila. [Philadelphia] : J.E. Ditson & Co. ; Chicago : Lyon & Healy ; St. Louis : J.L. Peters, [between 1877 and 1889]
- For tenor and baritone with piano accompaniment.
- Publication date derived from publisher's address and form of publisher's name. Cf. Handbook of early American sheet music / Dichter and Shapiro.
- Illustrated title page: Black and white lithograph of Longfellow. With 19 titles by Longfellow printed (in two columns) underneath the portrait / J.H. Bufford's Sons Lith., Boston.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: M1 .S444 v.32 no. 29: Stamp of Henry McCaffrey, Baltimore, on cover.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: In gray boxes on top shelves above books with Library of Congress call numbers.
- Publisher/plate no.
- 23252 Oliver Ditson & Co.
- Series Statement
- [Sheet music collection ; v. 32, no. 29]
- Technical Details