- Item Actions
The vacant chair
by Geo. F. Root ; [words by H.S.W.].
- Online; Musical Score
- 1 score (5 p.) : ill. ; 34 cm.
- Variant title
- Alternate title in caption:
- We shall meet but we shall miss him : (Thanksgiving, 1861)
- First line of text:
- We shall meet, but we shall miss him
- Chicago : Published by Root & Cady, c1864.
- For voice and piano, with chorus refrain (SATB).
- Caption title.
- Illustration on title page: Title set within an oval frame. Around the frame is a floral border and scenes illustrating five popular song titles: The vacant chair; Silent lute; Who'll save the left; Battll [sic] cry of freedom; and Within sound of the enemy's guns / Copcutt-Williams.
- Advertisements for music and musical instruments offered by Root & Cady on pages  and .
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: One copy incomplete; p. 5 lacking.
- Publisher/plate no.
- 133-4 Root & Cady
- Technical details