- Item Actions
The captive knight : a ballad
the words by Mrs. Hemans ; the music by her sister.
- Online; Musical Score
- 1 score (5 p.) ; 34 cm.
- Variant title
- First line of text:
- Twas a trumpet's pealing sound
- First line of chorus:
- Cease awhile, clarion
- New York : E.S. Mesier, [between 1816 and 1844]
- Caption title.
- For voice and piano.
- Lithographed score; the words at foot of p. 5 in letterpress.
- Second and subsequent verses printed as text following score.
- "Respectfully dedicated to Sir Walter Scott"--Caption.
- Technical details