- Item Actions
Portraits of the Presidents and Declaration of Independence
- Online; Book; EBook; Broadside
- 1 sheet ( p.) : ill., ports. ; 107 x 79 cm.
- Variant title
- In Congress, July 4th 1776
- New York : Published by J.H. Colton, [1849?] (New York : Lithography of F. Michelin)
- The text of the Declaration of Independence, with facsimile signatures, is in an oval framed by a border of 12 presidential portraits, from Washington through President Zachary Taylor. A banner below each portrait contains the name of the president, with his birth date, term of office, and if appropriate, death date. The dates of Zachary Taylor's presidency are given as "1849 to 18 ."
- Full imprint printed at bottom of sheet: "Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1846, by J.H. Colton, in the Clerks Office of the District Court of the Southern District of New York. Lithography of F. Michelin, 111 Nassau St. N.Y. Published by J.H. Colton No. 86 Cedar St. New York."
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Uniformly browned; marginal tears, fabric backed. Albert H. Small Declaration of Independence Collection. Gift of Albert H. Small, July 2010.
- Technical details