- Item Actions
The Expeditions of Zebulon Montgomery Pike, to Headwaters of the Mississippi River, Through Louisiana Territory, and in New Spain, During the Years 1805-6-7.
Pike, Zebulon Montgomery; Coues, Elliott
- Book; Online
- 3 v. port., 7 maps (6 fold. in pocket) fold. facsim. 24.5 cm.
- A new edition, now first reprinted in full from the original of 1810, with copious critical commentary, memoir of Pike ... and complete index, by Elliott Coues
- New York, Francis P. Harper, 1895.
- I. Memoir of the author. Mississippi voyage.
- II. Arkansaw journey. Mexican tour.
- III. Index. Folding Maps:  Map of the Mississippi River from its source to the mouth of the Missouri.  The first part of Captn. Pike's chart of the internal part of Louisiana.  Chart of the internal part of Louisiana.  A map of the internal provinces of New Spain.  A sketch of the Vice Royalty exhibiting the several provinces and its aproximation to the internal provinces of New Spain.  Historico-geographical chart of the Upper Mississippi River
- Paged continuously.
- Maps have been removed from pocket, unfolded and shelved with maps.
- "Edition limited to eleven hundred and fifty copies."
- The memoir of the author contains a detailed bibliographical account of the earlier editions of this work.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Original green cloth. Gift of C. F. Goddard.
- Technical Details