- Item Actions
A New Map of Mexico and Adjacent Provinces
compiled from original documents by A. Arrowsmith
- Map; Online
- 1 map on 4 sheets ; 129 x 158 cm. on sheets 65 x 80 cm.
- Related Title
- Valley of Mexico, from Mr. Humboldt's map.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale not given.
- London : Published 5th October 1810 by A. Arrowsmith, 10 Soho Sque., Hydrographer to H.R.H. the Prince of Wales, 1810.
- Map covers southwestern U.S. from the Mississippi to the Pacific, reaching as far north of Cape Mendocino. It includes New Albion, California, Sonora, new mexico, San Luis Potosi, Texas and Louisiana in addition to the provinces of Mexico.
- Engraved by E. Jones.
- Insets: Valley of Mexico, from Mr. Humboldt's map; Vera Cruz; Acapulco.
- Shows mines and civil and military installations.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Sheets have been pasted together in pairs (1 map on 2 sheets): Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Cited in
- Phillips, Maps, p. 408.
- Technical Details