- Item Actions
[The Declaration of Independence in newspapers
as collected by Albert H. Small]
- Online; Book; EBook
- <10> pieces ; 30 x 44 cm.
- Boston gazette, and Country journal, Oct., 23, 1775 (correspondence between Washington & Gage, p. 1)
- Pennsylvania gazette, July 10, 1776 (text, p. 1)
- Dunlap's Pennsylvania packet, or the General advertiser, July 22, 1776 (Declaration in New Jersey, p. 2, col. 1)
- New-England Chronicle, July 25, 1776 (Declaration in Boston, p. 3, col. 2)
- Caledonian mercury, Edinburgh, Aug. 7, 1776 (item about the Declaration, p. 2, col. 3)
- London Chronicle, Aug. 15/17, 1776 (text, p. 164)
- Edinburgh advertiser, Aug. 16/20 1776 (text, p. 116-117)
- Dunlap's Pennsylvania packet, or the General advertiser, Sept. 17 1776 (Declaration in South Carolina, p. 2, col. 1)
- Independent chronicle, and The Universal advertiser, Boston, May 8, 1777 (various war related material)
- Connecticut gazette and the Universal intelligencer, April 27, 1781 (text, p. 1)
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Includes single issues of newspapers which contain either the text of the Declaration, reports related to the Declaration, or general articles about the Revolution. Arranged chronologically, as listed in contents.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Albert H. Small Declaration of Independence Collection. Deposit of Albert H. Small, July 14, 2003.
- Technical details