- Item Actions
Map of Augusta County, Virginia
prepared under the direction of the Board of Survey of Washington College, Va.
- Online; Map
- 1 col. map ; 123 x 116 cm.
- Mathematical info
- (W 79⁰33ʹ- W 78⁰48ʹ/N 38⁰25ʹ- N 37⁰50.)
- Philadelphia : Worley & Bracher, 1870.
- Insets: "Map showing the original bounds of Augusta County Virginia as defined by statute Nov. 1738", Map of Staunton, Augusta Co., Va., by Jed. Hotchkiss, 1870", and chart: "Profile of the Chesapeake & Ohio Rail Road from Charlottesville to the Rockbridge line."
- "The basis of this map is the Confederate Surveys made ... under the direction of Major A.H. Campbell, by Lieut. P.W.O. Koerner, and party."
- Lithographed signature: R.E. Lee, Pres.: BD. of Survey.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Sectioned and mounted on cloth backing; written on back: Prof. J.B. Minor, University of Va., with best wishes of his friend & pupil, M.F. White
- Technical details