- Item Actions
The Tourist's Pocket Map of the State of Virginia: Exhibiting Its Internal Improvements, Roads, Distances, &C.
by J.H. Young
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 31 x 37 cm. on sheet 35 x 40 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale ca. 1:700,800
- Philadelphia : Published by S. Augustus Mitchell, 1849, c1834.
- "Entered ... 1834 by S. Augustus Mitchell ... ; engraved by E. Yeager & F. Dankworth; sold by Thomas Cowperthwait & Co. ..."
- Hand colored and some relief hachure.
- Bar graph: 1 inch equals 30 miles.
- Prime meridian: Washington, D.C.
- Inset map of the District of Columbia, as well as text insets of steamboat and stage routes.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Detached from cover, which is no longer present.
- Technical Details