- Item Actions
A map of the British Empire in America, with the French and Spanish settlements adjacent thereto
by Henry Popple.
- Online; Map
- 1 map in 20 sections ; 53 cm. some sections 44 x 66 cm., with others 44 x 30 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale undetermined.
- London : Sold by S. Harding ... and by W.H. Toms, engraver ..., 1733.
- Title taken from plate 20.
- "C. Lemprière, inv. & del., B. Baron, sculp." cf. plate 17.
- "London engraved by Willm. Henry Toms, 1733 " cf. plate 20.
- First issued in 1732.
- This map usually includes a key map entitled: America septentrionalis, and a pasted contents leaf, as well as various insets and views.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Cited in
- Sabin 64140.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS:Contents leaf pasted inside front cover. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Technical details