- Item Actions
Preliminary Chart of the Rigolets, Louisiana
from a trigonometrical survey under the direction of A.D. Bache, Superintendent of the Survey of the Coast of the United States ; trangulation by S.A. Gilbert, J.E. Hilgard Assists. & S. Harris Sub-assist. ; topography by W.S. Gilbert Sub-assist. ; hydrography by the parties under the command of W.S. Gilbert & M. Seaton Sub-assists. ; Verified by W.R. Palmer.
- Online; Map
- 1 map ; 53 x 77 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale 1: 20 000.
- [Washington, D.C.] : U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey, 1859.
- "(Date of first publication 1859)"
- The Rigolets is a strait that forms the boundary between Orleans Parish and Saint Tammany Parish in Louisiana.
- "Plate No. 810" centered in upper margin.
- "530" in lower right and upper left margins.
- "Engd. by F.W. Benner and E.H. Sipe"
- Includes notes on tides and soundings, and tables of abbreviations and light houses.
- Depths shown by soundings
- Local Notes
- SPECICIAL COLLECTIONS. Linen-backed. Diffusely soiled.
- Technical details