- Item Actions
Virginia and Maryland as it is planted and inhabited this present year 1670
surveyed and exactly drawne by the only labour & endeavour of Augustin Herrman Bohemiensis ; W : Faithorne sculpt.
- Online; Map
- 1 map on 4 sheets ; 78 x 93 cm., sheets 41 x 49 cm.
- Variant title
- Herrman Map of Virginia & Maryland
- Herrman Map of Virginia and Maryland
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:470,000]
- Providence, R.I. : The John Carter Brown Library, 1948.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Issued in envelope with title "The Herrman map of Virginia & Maryland, London, 1673" and "References" on flap.
- Oriented with north toward the right. Includes all of Chesapeake and Delaware bays and the lands bordering on them and the large rivers emptying into them.
- "A facsimile of the original map in the John Carter Brown library... Reproduced in collotype by the Meriden Gravure Company."
- Includes legend.
- Inset (portrait): Avgustine Herrman Bohemian.
- Facsimile. Originally published: London : Sold by John Seller, 1673.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Area Table 75 1670 Herrman 1948: Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Technical details