- Item Actions
A New Map of Kentucky: With Its Roads & Distances From Place to Place Along the Stage & Steam Boat Routes
by H.S. Tanner
- Map; Online
- 1 map : hand col. ; 26 x 34 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:2,000,000]
- Philadelphia : Carey & Hart, [ca. 1844]
- From: A new universal atlas / by H.S. Tanner. Philadelphia : Carey & Hart, 1844.
- Engraved by W. Brose.
- "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1839 by H.S. Tanner in the Clerks Office of the eastern district of Pennsylvania."
- Date of situation ca. 1842. Includes Boyle, Crittenden, Letcher, Ballard and Marshall counties.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Prime meridian: Washington.
- Includes distance tables of "Louisville to Pittsburg" and "Louisville to New Orleans."
- Insets: Falls of Ohio -- [Lexington region] -- [Maysville region].
- "Tanner's Universal Atlas" in upper margin, and no. "27" just outside neatline, lower right margin.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Technical Details