- Item Actions
A Sketch of the Operations Before Charlestown, the Capital of South Carolina
Des Barres, Joseph F. W
- Map; Online
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand col. 106 x 78 cm.
- [London] : Published 17 of June 1780. According to Act of Parliament by I.F.W. Des Barres Esq., 1780.
- Includes descriptive index and inset "Charlestown Harbour." Inset has a different scale.
- Relief shown pictorially; depths by soundings.
- From the Atlantic Neptune.
- The imprint appears on the map immediately below the scale, and the paper bears the Bates watermark. Cf. National Maritime Museum Collection Online for descriptions and images of the variants.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Cited in
- Nebenzahl, K. Printed battle plans, no. 80.
- Phillips, Maps, p. 222
- Technical Details