- Item Actions
A sketch of the environs of Charlestown in South Carolina
- Online; Map
- 1 map : b&w. ; 40 x 55 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:132,000].
- [London : J.F.W. Des Barres, ca. 1780]
- Version of the map with statement of responsibility "By Captain Geo. Sproule, Assistant Engineer on the Spot" and imprint date removed, and with the table key expanded to A-L and a-k; uncolored; on Bates paper.
- For a description of the variants of this map, see National Maritime Museum Collections Online, entry HNS 163.
- From: J.F.W. Des Barres. Atlantic Neptune.
- Relief shown by hachures; depths by soundings.
- Shows positions of British units involved in the 1780 attack on Charleston.
- Table of references identifies movements and major positions.
- Technical details