- Item Actions
A New Map of Virginia, Maryland, Pensilvania, New Jersey, Part of New York. And Carolina
Thornton, John; T Page & W & F Mount
- Map; Online
- 1 map : hand-col. ; 106 x 85 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:515,000].
- [London] : Sold by T. Page, W. & F. Mount on Tower Hill, [1727?]
- Relief shown pictorially.
- On the left border below center is a coat of arms over a plaque with the wording: To Mr. Micajah Perry of London, merchant, this map of Virginia &c. is humbly dedicated and presented, Thornton.
- Includes inset, notes, decorative cartouche, compass rose, coats of arms and other ill.
- "Significations of some remarkable Letters in this Map"; appears lower central map area.
- "Scale of 30 Miles"
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: In 2 pieces; on thin, fragile paper, several fold tears, upper and lower margins; closely trimmed. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Cited in
- Verner, C., Printed maps of Virginia, 1590-1800, p. 514.
- Technical Details