- Item Actions
Map of the United States of America: Designed to Illustrate the Geological Memoir of Wm. Maclure Esqr
J. Melish, del
- Map; Online
- 1 map : hand col. ; 34 x 44 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:6,000,000].
- Transactions / American Philosophical Society
- Philadelphia : John Melish, [1817?]
- Also indicates regions inhabited by Native Americans.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- From William Maclure's Observations on the geology of the United States of America. Philadelphia : printed ... by A. Small, 1817.
- Maclure's Observations was read as a memoir before the American Philosophical Society and inserted in the first volume of their Transactions, new series.
- Prime meridians: Washington, D.C. and London.
- Color coded fro geological references.
- In lower right margin: Transactions, American Philosophical Society, Vol. I, New Series.
- Map designed with the intention of indicating geological references in color. LC copy does not show geological references in color but simply outlines in color the states and territories.
- Series Statement
- Transactions / American Philosophical Society ; New series, v. 1
- Technical Details