- Item Actions
A plan of the surprise of Stoney Point by a detachment of the American army commanded by Brigr. Genl. Wayne, on the 15th July 1779 : also of the works erected on Verplanks Point for the defence of Kings Ferry, by the British forces in July, 1779
from the surveys of Wm. Simpson ... and D. Campbell ... by John Hills, Lt. 23d. Regt. & Asst. Engr.
- Online; Map
- 1 map : hand-col. ; 50 x 70 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:5,500].
- London : Printed for Wm. Faden, Geographer to the King, 1st March 1784.
- Relief shown by shading.
- "Note. The roof of Fort Fayettes Block House was taken off and a 6 Pr. placed on the Floor, which had a great command over the other Works."
- "References to Stoney Point."
- From Nebenzahl: The defenses of the strong points at either end of King's Ferry on the Hudson are carefully drawn. The silent line of march of Anthony Wayne's assault force is shown.
- Cited in
- Nebenzahl, K. Printed Battle Plans of the American Revolution, 145 (Note.)
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Imperfect: 2 inch split with some paper loss at lower centerfold; some offsetting. Gift of Seymour I. Schwartz, December, 2006.
- Technical details