- Item Actions
Battle-Field of Five Forks: "Cotton" Map, No. 2.
Cotton, J. P., Civil Engineer; Bien, Julius
- Map; Online
- 1 map ; 44 x 35 cm. on sheet 56 x 48 cm.
- Variant Title
- Battlefield of Five Forks
- Cotton map, no. 2
- Cartographic Info
- Scale ca. 1:16,000; 4 in. = 1 mile.
- New York : Julius Bien, Lith., [1883?]
- Relief shown by spot heights and pictorially.
- "Battle-field of Five Forks" printed below the map; "Cotton" map No. 2" appears at top of sheet.
- Tables: April 1st. 1865; positions of sun in the sky -- Mean time of rising & setting of sun & setting of moon.
- Lists Union and Confederate Army units participating in the battle, and locates features of the landscape.
- This map presumably issued in one of the publications of the Warren Court of Inquiry held in 1883.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Some handwritten changes and additions to map. Linen-backed, with some loss of image at old fold lines.
- Technical Details