- Item Actions
A map of Albemarle County, Virginia
From original surveys by G. Peyton, C.E.
- Online; Map
- 1 map ; 133 x 118 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale 1:50,688.
- [Philadelphia] : Engr. by Worley & Brachter, Phila., 1875.
- Copy 1-3: ROLLED MAP
- "Scale 1:50,688 or 1 1/4 inch to the mile."
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Includes illustrations of Monticello and of the Rotunda, a "Table of distances," and statistics.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: G3883 .A3 1875 .P4: Copy 1: Handcolored highlights in pink and green.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: G3883 .A3 1875 .P4: Copy 2: "Donated by F.P. Dunnington, 1908."
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: G3883 .A3 1875 .P4b: A variant, without the table of distances or the statistics. Enhanced with hand drawn and colored drawings of trees, farm animals and other vignettes. Colored images of Farmington and Bloomfield are pasted outside the border of the map. Mounted on a board; in a green wooden frame, 57 x 51 cm.
- Technical details