- Item Actions
Index Map for Sheets: Extract of Military Map of N.E. Virginia Showing Forts and Roads
United States. War Department. Engineer Bureau; Barnard, J G
- Map; Online
- 1 map : b&w ; 32 x 26 cm.
- Variant Title
- Alternate title, right margin: Defenses of Washington. Plate 1
- Related Title
- Defenses of Washington, Plate 28.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale not given.
- [Washington : Govt. Print. Off., 1871]
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Issued in J.G. Barnard's A report on the defenses of Washington to the Chief of Engineers, U.S. Army, 1871.
- Sections 2-12 are identified on the map.
- Washington, D.C. central to map, with Alexandria to south.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: "1 mile to .9 inch. 1865" penciled on map, with latitude and longitude figures added in pencil. With this is housed an otherwise untitled map centering around Richmond, Defenses of Washington Plate 28. Penciled scale "1/2 inch to one mile." Both maps are linen-backed.
- Technical Details