- Item Actions
A map of the United States : compiled chiefly from the state maps and other authentic information
by Saml. Lewis 1795.; W. Harrison Junr., sculpt.
- Online; Map
- 1 map : hand-col. ; 60 x 88 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:3,500,000]
- Philadelphia : Engraved for and sold by Matthew Carey, 1795.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Appears in Mathew Carey's General atlas. Philadelphia. 1796?
- Prime meridians: London and Philadelphia.
- Includes inset of Florida and the northern gulf coast west to New Orleans.
- Second state, with "Engraved for and sold by Matthew Carey Philadelphia" added above the inset. -- Cf. McCorkle.
- Cited in
- McCorkle, B.B., New England, no. 795.5, p. 292.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Imperfect: sectioned and mounted on linen, with loss of text at several fold junctions; browned and stained, with some mold formation.
- Technical details