- Item Actions
A new and correct map of the United States of North America : layd down from the latest observations and best authorities, agreeable to the Peace of 1783
Humbly inscribed to His Excellency the Governor and Company of the State of Connecticut by their most obedient and very humble servant Abel Buell. ; Newhaven, Published according to Act of Assembly.
- Online; Map
- 1 map on 4 sheets : col. ; 108 x 123 cm. (each sheet 61 x 66 cm) + Text ( p.)
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:2,250,000]
- Newark, N.J. : New Jersey Historical Society, 1963 (Reproduced in collotype by The Meriden Gravure Company)
- Facsimile. Reproduced from the original in the Map Collection of the new Jersey Historical Society, Newark.
- Prime meridian: London and Philadelphia.
- Accompanied by text. 4 p.
- "The map is known in two states; the imprint was added in state two." (see McCorkle)
- Original 1784 map is described in: McCorkle, B.B., New England, 784.3
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Technical details