- Item Actions
A Topographical Description of Virginia: Pennsylvania, Maryland and North Carolina, Comprehending the Rivers Ohio, Kenhawa, Sioto, Cherokee, Wabash, Illinois, Mississippi, &C. The Climate, Soil and Produce, Whether Animal, Vegetable, or Mineral; The Mountains, Creeks, Roads, Distances, Latitudes &C. And of Every Part, Laid Down in the Annexed Map
Published by Thomas Hutchins, captain of the 60th regiment of foot. With a plan of the rapids of the Ohio, a plan of the several villages in the Illinois country, a table of the distances between Fort Pitt and the mouth of the Ohio, all engraved upon copper. And an appendix, containing Mr. Patrick Kennedy's Journal up the Illinois river, and a c...
- Book; Online
-  l., ii, 67 p. 2 fold. plans, fold. tab. 21 cm.
- Related Title
- New map of the western parts of Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and North Carolina .
- London, Printed for the Author, and sold by J. Almon, 1778.
- Sabin 34054.
- Second impression, with corrections.
- "The map, which the following sheets are intended to explain, comprehends almost the whole of the country lying between the 34th and 44th degrees of latitude, and the 79th and 93d degrees of longitude."--Pref.
- The map, which was separately issued, has title: A new map of the western parts of Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and North Carolina ... . It covers the area from Niagara Falls south to Wilmington North Carolina and from Winchester Virginia to just west of the Mississippi River.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: The accompanying map (Call number: Area Table 73 1778 Hutchins) is uncolored, sectioned, and mounted on linen. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Technical Details