- Item Actions
Bowles's New Map of North America and the West Indies: Exhibiting the British Empire Therein With the Limits and Boundaries of the United States as Also the Dominions Possessed in That Quarter, by the Spaniards, the French & Other European States. /The Whole Compiled From the Best Surveys and Authentic Memoirs Which Have Appeared to the Present Year, 1783
- Map; Online
- 1 map : hand col. ; 101 x 115 cm.
- Variant Title
- New map of North America and the West Indies
- Cartographic Info
- Scale: ca. 1:5,500,000
- London : Printed for the Proprietor, Carington Bowles, No. 69 St. Pauls Church Yard, 1783.
- Hand colored.
- Prime meridian: Ferro.
- "Publish'd as the Act directs 2. Jan. 1783."
- Includes historic notes.
- Insets: A particular map of Baffin and Hudson Bays [ca. 1:18,000,000]--A map of the country between Montreal, Albany and Oswego [ca. 1:2,360,000]
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: McGregor Area Table 7 1783 Bowles: Map, mounted on linen, has been removed from original (?) slipcase (marbled boards with printed title slip), and shelved in LARGE Maps Tray. Empty slipcase is shelved with books. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: G3300 1783 .B6: Map, mounted on linen, has been removed from original (?) slipcase (marbled boards with red leather spine title label), and shelved in Large Maps Tray. Empty slipcase is shelved with books. Paul Mellon bequest, May 12, 2000.
- Technical Details