- Item Actions
Africa: Corrected From the Observations of the Royal Society at London and Paris
By Iohn Senex F.R.S.
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col.; 69 x 98 cm. on sheet 73 x 100 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 11,500,000] (E 030⁰--E 070⁰/N 35⁰--S 30⁰).
- [London : John Senex, after 1728]
- Published after 1728, when Senex became a Fellow of the Royal Society. Published ca. 1714 with attribution to Senex and John Maxwell.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Shows boundaries, rivers, forests and principal settlements, with tents symbolising areas inhabited by nomads, and notes.
- Prime meridian: London.
- Dedication: To Sr. Isaac Newton Kt. President of the Royal Society and Master of her Majesties Mints. This map is dedicated by his most obedient and most humble servant. I. Senex.
- "Drawn & Engrav'd by I. Senex."
- Number "5" is handwritten in brown ink on verso.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Imperfect: partial and complete separations along old fold lines.
- Cited in
- Shirley, R. Maps in the atlases of the British Library, T:SEN-1d, Map 5.
- Technical Details