- Item Actions
Sweden : corrected from the observations communicated to the Roayl Society at London and the Royal Academy at Paris
by Iohn Senex, F.R.S.
- Online; Map
- 1 map : col. ; 97 x 67 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [1:2,500,000].
- [London : John Senex, after 1728]
- Published after 1728, when Senex became a member of the Royal Society. Earlier versions were compiled by Charles Price, John Senex and John Maxwell (1710?) and by John Senex and John Maxwell. Cf. R. Shirley, Maps in the atlases of the British Library, v. 1, p. 938-943
- Dedication: To the Honorable Mr. Christopher Leyoncrona, Envoy Extraordinary from His Majesty the King of Sweden to Her Majesty the Queen of Great Britain. This map is dedicated and presented by His humble Servt. Iohn Senex.
- Decorative title cartouche, with classical figures.
- Shows boundaries, rivers, roads, forests and settlements of Sweden, with Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Prime meridian: London.
- Number "22" handwritten in brown ink on verso.
- Cited in
- Shirley, R. Maps in the atlases of the British Library, T.SEN-1d, Map 22
- Technical details