- Item Actions
A Map of the County of Flanders
by William de l'Isle member of the Academy royal of Sciences at Paris
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 49 x 61 cm. on sheet 64 x 67 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [1:245,000].
- London : Sold by Iohn Senex at the Globe against St. Dunstans Church Fleetstreet, [ca. 1728]
- Decorative title carouche is a mirror image of that used in the 1703 French edition of de L'Isle's map, Carte du Comte ́de Flandre.
- Previously published in London by John Senex and John Maxwell, ca. 1714.
- Shows boundaries, rivers, roads, canals, forests and settlements.
- Relief shown pictorially and by hachures.
- Number "12" handwritten in brown ink on verso.
- Shirley, R. Maps in the atlases of the British Library, T.SEN-1d, Map 12.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Imperfect : complete horizontal separation at old fold line.
- Technical Details