- Item Actions
A new and accurate map of the English empire in North America : Representing their rightful claim as confirmed by charters and the formal surrender of their Indian friends; likewise the encroachments of the French, with the several forts they have unjustly erected therein
By a Society of Anti-Gallicans.
- Online; Map; Online
- 1 map. hand-col. 41 x 50 cm. on sheet 46 x 84 cm.
- Variant title
- Pocket map of the English and French dominions in North America ...
- London : Sold by Wm. Herbert on London Bridge & Robt. Sayer over against Fetter Lane in Fleet Street, 1755.
- Title on original slip case: A pocket map of the English and French dominions in North America, wherein the lands claim'd and encroach'd by the French and their forts erected thereon, are particularly laid down. The whole exhibited at one view in different colours. London: Sold by Robert Sayer, opposite Fetter-Lane, Fleet Street, 1775.
- Hand colored.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- "Longitude west from Ferro."
- Includes notes.
- Maps in margin: A plan of the harbor and town of Louisbourg on the isle of Cape Briton.--A plan of Chebucto Harbor.--The Atlantic Ocean.--Fort Frederick built by the French at Crown or Scalp Point in the year 1731.--A plan of Port Dauphin on the isle of Cape Briton.--A plan of the harbour of Annopolis Royal.--A plan of the town of Quebeck.
- Cited in
- LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 62
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Map has been sectioned and mounted on linen. Original marbled paper slipcase has printed title label. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Other forms
- Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Technical details