- Item Actions
A new map of Denmark and Sweden : according to ye newest and most exact observations
By H: Moll Geographer.
- Online; Map
- 1 map : col. ; 60 x 100 cm. on sheet 63 x 107 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:2,700,000].
- [London] : Printed for H. Moll over against Devereux Court without Temple Bar in the Strand, Iohn Bowles at the Black Horse in Cornhill, Thomas Bowles Print & Mapseller next to the Chapter house in St. Pauls Church yard and by Philip Overton Map & Printseller near S. Dunstans Church Fleetstreet, [ca. 1730].
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Prime meridians: London and Ferro Island.
- Dedication: To His Excellency John Lord Bishop of Bristol Ld. Privy Seal and Her Majesty's first Plenipotentiary at the Treaty of Utrecht. This map is Humbly Dedicated by your Excellency's most humble Servant. H: Moll Geographer.
- Inset (upper left): The north part of Norway, Lapland and Greenland ... This Draught taken from J. Peterson ...
- Five b&w vignettes pertaining to Laplanders on right side, with caption below: The Laplanders being the most remarkable people in Europe; it will not be amiss to give a scheach of their manner of living...
- Note (to upper left of title cartouche): The double line from Upsal to Torne shews ye rout King Charles ye XI, and his mathematicians took Anno 1694 in making their observations, which are carefully inserted here with many other remarks left to ye curious to observe.
- Cited in
- Shirley, R. Maps in the atlases of the British Library, Vol. 1, T.Moll-4b, Map 14.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: "Denmark & Sweden" written on verso in brown ink.
- Technical details