- Item Actions
A New and Exact Map of the United Provinces, or Netherlands &C.: According to the Newest and Most Exact Observations
by Herman Moll Geographer
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 61 x 100 cm. on sheet 64 x 108 cm.
- Variant Title
- Netherlands, &c.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:480,000]
- [London] : Printed for Iohn Bowles Print and Mapseller at the Black Horse in Cornhill, T. Bowles Print and Mapseller next to the Chapter house in St. Pauls Church yard, and by Iohn King Print and Map-seller at the Globe in the Poultry,[ca. 1730].
- Relief indicated pictorially.
- Without Moll's imprint; possibly issued after his death.
- Dedication: To the right honourable Charles, Lord Viscount Townshend &c. one of His Majesty's Principal Secretaries of State. This map is most humbly dedicated by your Lordship's most Humble Servant Herman Moll Geogr.
- Inset (separate scale): A chart of part of the coast, sands and banks of England and Holland &c... (separate scale with depth soundings)
- Seven engraved city views and plans along the right edge: Amsterdam -- Rotterdam -- Middelburg -- Utrecht -- Gronningen -- Ars Britannica or t''Huys te Britten -- The late king William's Pallace called T'Loo.
- Note: This map is taken from actual survy's [sic] and the most correct maps that have been done of these provinces...
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: "Holland" is handwritten in brown ink on verso. Has several old taped repairs. In Map Cabinet.
- Technical Details