- Item Actions
A new map of Germany, Hungary, Transilvania & the Suisse cantons : with many remarks not extant in any map
According to ye newest and most exact observations, by Herman Moll Geographer, 1712.
- Online; Map
- 1 map : col. ; 61 x 100 on sheet 63 x 107.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1,800,000].
- [London] : Printed for H. Moll between Temple Bar & St Clements Church in ye Strand, I Bowles Print and Map Seller at the Black Horse in Cornhill and by P Overton Mapp & Print seller near St. Dunstans Church in Fleet Street, and T. Boules Print & Mapp seller next to ye Chapter house in St. Pauls Church Yard and by Iohn King Print and Map Seller at the Globe in the Poultry., [ca. 1730]
- Dedication: To His Grace John Duke of Marleborough, Prince of Mindelheim &c. This map of Germany &c. is most Humbly Dedicated by H. Moll Geographer.
- Note: The several countries contained in this map yeilding many natural advantages, as gold, silver, copper, lead and iron mines; salt springs &c ...
- Note: The Emperor has 200 ships and gallies, on the Danube fo ye defence of ye Kingdom of Hungary and ye Turks as many; so that there never were such large fleets, and so great navel engagements, any where at such a distance from the sea as in the late war on that river.
- Pictorial inset: The general Diet of the Empire, or it's parliament with ye order of it's different colleges ...
- Below title: Note, that in this map are comprehended these dominions belonging to ye House of Austria viz Bohemia, Silesia, Austria, Hungary, Transilvania, Stiria, Carinthia and Carniola, Principality of Swabia, Tirol &c. Also the ecclesiasticall and secular electorates, all the states and sovereignties in Swabia, Franconia, Hessia, Westphalia & Saxony.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: "Germany" is handwritten in brown ink on the verso.
- Technical details