- Item Actions
A Map of the East-Indies and the Adjacent Countries: With the Settlements, Factories and Territories ; Explaining What Belongs to England, Spain, France, Holland, Denmark, Portugal &C. With Many Remarks Not Extant in Any Other Map
by H. Moll Geog. ; To ye Directors of ye Honble. United East-India Company, This map is most Humbly Dedicated by your most Obedient Servant Herman Moll Geographer
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 61 x 102 cm. on sheet 64 x 106 cm.
- Variant Title
- Map of the East Indies and the adjacent countries
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:8,000,000]
- [London] : Sold by H. Moll over against Devereux Court between Temple Bar and St. Clements Church in the Strand and by John King at the Globe in the Poultrey near Stocks Market, [ca. 1725].
- Insets: A plan of ye city of Bantam -- A prospect of the city of Goa -- A prospect of the city of Surat -- A plan of Fort St. George and the city of Madras -- A plan of the city of Batavia.
- Includes India, Southeast Asia, and most of China.
- Numerous regional textual notes.
- Prime meridian: London.
- "Hours of time east from London. Note that when it is six a clock in the morning at London, it is twelve noon here." (note just inside lower central neatline)
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: "East Indies" is handwritten in brown ink on verso-- upside-down, near the bottom. Has several old taped repairs.
- Cited in
- Shirley, R. Maps in the atlases of the British Library, T.MOLL-4a, Map 5.
- Technical Details