- Item Actions
To the Right Honourable Charles Earl of Peterborow and Monmouth, &c. This map of Africa : according to ye newest and most exact observations
is most Humbly Dedicated by your Lordship's most Humble Servant H. Moll Geographer.
- Online; Map
- 1 map col. ; 58 x 96 cm. on sheet 61 x 106 cm.
- Variant title
- This map of Africa
- Map of Africa
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:11,500,000]
- [London] : Printed for Ino. Bowles Print and Map Seller at the Black Horse in Cornhill, Tho. Bowles Print and Mapseller next to the Chapter house in St. Pauls Church yard, by Philip Overton Map and Printseller near St. Dunstans Church Fleetstreet, and by John King at ye Globe in ye Poultry, [ca. 1730]
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Prime meridians: London and Ferro Island.
- Moll's name, which was present in earlier versions, does not appear in this imprint, part of which appears to have been re-printed over an earlier erasure.
- Insets: Cape Coast Castle on ye Gold Coast of Guinea -- James Fort on the Island of St. Helena -- Fort of Good Hope -- AA prospect of the Cape of Good Hope
- Shows seasonal prevailing winds.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: "Africa" is handwritten upside-down in brown ink near the bottom of the map.
- Technical details