- Item Actions
A Map of the West-Indies or the Islands of America in the North Sea: With Ye Adjacent Countries; Explaning [Sic] What Belongs to Spain, England, France, Holland &C. Also Ye Trade Winds, and Ye Several Tracts Made by Ye Galeons and Flota From Place to Place
According to ye newest and most exact observations, by Herman Moll, Geographer
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col., 59 x 102 cm. on sheet 61 x 108 cm.
- Variant Title
- Map of the West Indies or the islands of America in the North Sea
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:5,500,000].
- [London] : Printed for Tho. Bowles in St. Pauls Church Yard and John Bowles at the Black Horse in Cornhill ; Sold by H. Moll and by I. King of ye Globe in ye Poultrey near Stocks Market. [ca. 1730]
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Dedication: "To Wil. Paterson esq; this map of the West-Indies &c. is most Humbly Dedicated by Her: Moll Geographer. "
- Shows the West Indies, Central America and the portions of Mexico & North & South America bordering the Gulf of Mexico.
- Insets: La Vera Cruz -- A draught of the Bay & City of Havana -- The Bay of Porto Bella -- A draught of St. Augustin and its harbour -- --A draught of ye citty of Cartagena, its harbour & forts.
- Pictorial inset: The city of Mexico in New Spain.
- Includes historical notes.
- Alphabetized explanation list of places.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: "West Indies" hand written in brown ink on verso. Has several taped repairs.
- Technical Details