- Item Actions
To the Right Honourable, Charles Earl of Sunderland, and Baron Spencer of Wormleighton; one of Her Majesty's principal Secretaries of State; &c. This map of South America, according to the newest and most exact observations, is Most Humbly dedicated
by your Lordship's most Humble Servant Herman Moll Geographer.
- Online; Map
- 1 map : col. ; 58 x 96 cm. on sheet 61 x 106 cm.
- Variant title
- This map of South America ...
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:11,000,000]
- [London] : Printed for H. Moll over against Devereux Court near Temple Bar, I. Bowles Print and Map seller at the Black Horse in Cornhill, T. Bowles Print & Map seller next to the Chapter house in St Pauls Church yard. And by P. Overton Map and Print seller near St Dunstans Church Fleetstreet. And by John King Print & Map seller at the Globe in the Poultry, [ca. 1730]
- "B. Lens delin. G. Vertue sculpt."
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Prime meridian: London.
- Inset: Potosi...
- Note: The world is in nothing more scandalously imposed upon, than by maps put out by ignorant pretenders...NB that ye projection of these maps is also notorioiusly false.
- Shows direction of prevailing winds.
- Cited in
- Shirley, R. Maps in the atlases of the British Library, T.MOLL-4a, Map 11.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. "South America" written in brown ink on verso. Has several old tape repairs.
- Technical details