- Item Actions
Smyth County, va
by Chas. R. Boyd, Geologist, John D. Barns, Topographer. 1899
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 78 x 74 cm. on sheet 80 x 81 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:63,360], Vertucak scake [ca, 1:12,000]
- [Marion, Va. : Smyth County Board of Supervisors, 1899] (Washington, D.C. : A.B. Graham Photo. Lith.)
- A note about the County's role in the preparation of the map follows the title.
- Relief shown by contour lines.
- Geological cross section from northwest to southeast (with separate vertical scale) on left side of sheet..
- Insets: Marion enlarged -- Chilhowie, Va. enlarged.
- Includes chemical analysis of cove plaster by M.B. Hardin and of manganese ore from north slope of Rye Valley Mountain by Henry Froehling, Richmond, with an additional note about "salt rock and brine" in the Saltville area.
- Includes signed approvals from the Governor and the State Commissioner of Agriculture.
- Shows landowners.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Imperfect:: Has several tears. Faced with pink fabric for hanging.
- Cited in
- Swem, E.G. Maps relating to Virginia, 1708, p. 201.
- Technical Details