- Item Actions
Map of the Cities of Norfolk and Portsmouth: Adjoining Towns and Suburbs
surveyed by J.F. Dezendorf, C.E.
- Map; Online
- 1 map on 4 sheets : col. ; each sheet image measures approximately 73 x 53 cm. on sheets 85 x 70 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale 1:4,800; 400 feet to an inch.
- New York (36 Vesey Street) : Published by F.W. Beers & Co., 1876 (New York : Printed by Charles Hart, 36 Vesey St. ; Engraved by L.E. Neuman, 36 Vesey St.)
- Depths shown by soundings.
- Explanations for steam rail roads, horse rail roads, water pipes, fire hydrants, fire district boundaries, soundings in feet, street numbers.
- "Patrons list and business notices" on left side of map; list of city officials on lower right sheet.
- Entered according to Act of Congress A.D. 1876 by F.W. Beers & Co. in the office of the Libraraina of Congress at Washington.
- Insets (separate scale): Elizabeth River, Hampton Roads and Chesapeake entrance -- Upper Brambleton.
- Inset map (center of both lower sheets): Upper Brambleton (separate scale).
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Has several marginal tears.
- Cited in
- Swem, E.G. Maps relating to Virginia, no. 1327, p. 171.
- Technical Details