- Item Actions
A geological map of the copper region embraced in the counties of Floyd, Carroll & Grayson, Va., and Ashe & Alleghany, N.C., 1859
by Richard O Curry, A.M.M.D. of Tennessee.
- Online; Map
- 1 map : col. ; 47 x 35 cm. on sheet 56 x 37 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:396,000]. Vertical scale [ca. 1:205,920].
- [Frankfort? Ky. : Geological Survey of Kentucky, 1859?]
- Relief not shown
- Coded for types of minerals.
- Gives a list of 19 mines.
- Shows four vertical sections in addition to the main map: No. 1 through Floyd County -- No. 2 through Carroll County -- No. 3 through Grayson County -- Sections  showing the position of the fossil ore beds in the vicinity of Cumberland Gap.
- "Geological survery of Kentucky. Part V. Vol. IV. Second Series)." -- At lower right.
- The map originally appeared in Currey's "Geological visit to the Virginia copper region. Knoxville, Tenn. Printed by Beckett, Haws & Co." Cf. Swem, E.G., Maps relating to Virginia, no. 891, p. 136.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Copy 1 is colored; Copy 2 is trimmed and not colored. Both are linen-backed.
- Technical details